School Meals: Free and Reduced-Price
All families are encouraged to apply for free and reduced-price school meals for the upcoming school year. By applying, families receive more than free and reduced-price school meals, and your child’s school also benefits.
Some of the many benefits are:
- Your child’s school can receive additional funding to enhance the educational experience for all students.
- School fees can be waived or reduced, including athletic fees, course fees, and activity and field trip fees tied to curriculum.
- Students in grades 9-12 can receive assistance with post-graduation planning, scholarships, state and national testing (including SAT, ACT, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate), and postsecondary enrollment.
- Families can qualify for additional resources, such as medical, food, and financial assistance.
- Families can receive support with community services, such as internet, gym memberships, and passes to museums and cultural events.
Families must reapply for free and reduced-price school meals each school year. You will receive your eligibility letter in the mail or by email. United States citizenship or immigration status is not a condition of eligibility for free and reduced-price school meals.
Questions or for a paper application, contact Kasja Larson at email@example.com or 303-853-7929.